OFS Laboratories is a world class Center of Excellence for optical innovations, complemented by Furukawa鈥檚 own first-rate R&D capabilities. OFS Laboratories generates commercially viable technology breakthroughs that the four OFS divisions take to market. Scientists with OFS Laboratories have continued the tradition begun in Bell laboratories and have been responsible for innovative fiber-optic technology inventions, now ubiquitous in the industry, such as non-zero dispersion fiber, submarine optical fiber, polarization maintaining fiber, fiber amplifiers/lasers, and fiber gratings. Based in Somerset, NJ, OFS Laboratories continues to push the boundaries of optical science.
We seek a Prototype Engineer with extensive experience in the field of fiber optics, including several years of hands-on experience building optical sub-assemblies. The successful candidate will take the results of table top experiments and build prototypes for testing by external customers. Applicants will troubleshoot optical issues and have a working knowledge of electrical systems and thermal management in a packaged device. A demonstrated capacity for original and independent experimental work and a desire to blend research and business goals are necessary for success.
Key Qualifications include:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optics or applied science
- Position requires 3-5 years related experience in the fiber optics industry
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Proficient in thermal analysis software is a plus
- Proficient in LabVIEW is a plus
- 3D Solid Modeling (SolidWorks preferred)
- Prior experience in working with fiber optic components is a plus
- Constructive working relationships with diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to develop creative solutions
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office Word and Excel
- Maintain discretion when working with confidential and proprietary information
- Strict adherence to Company safety policies and procedures
- Conform to all aspects of OFS鈥 鈥淪tandards of Conduct鈥 document
Employees are expected to serve as role models for safe work practices and behaviors. This includes following established health and safety policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized work area, wearing, and properly storing all personal protective equipment (PPE), and actively engaging as a safety conscious worker with personal safety and wellness as a priority.
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits programs, including medical, dental and a matching 401(k) plan.
If you鈥檇 like to be part of an energetic world leader in optic fibers solutions, please submit your resume (including salary information) by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
OFS Fitel, LLC, a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
All interested candidates, who possess the skills and experience to be successful in this position, can submit a resume by clicking on the button below to begin the self-identification process.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.