OFS, a world class leader in the manufacture of optical fiber, has an opening for a Wastewater Technician at our Sturbridge, MA location.
This is an excellent entry-level trades position for someone interested in working in an industrial environment. You鈥檒l perform chemical unloading and tests on all types of chemical systems and chemical manufacturing equipment used in the production and processing of optical fiber, including abatement equipment. You鈥檒l receive and properly store chemicals, maintain and operate wastewater treatment systems, make process adjustments as necessary, and generate reports.
Qualified, safety minded Wastewater Techs will possess:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of related industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- The ability to refer to and understand manufacturing layouts, engineering specifications, or work instructions
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office preferred
- U.S. work authorization
OFS will provide the necessary training for the successful candidate to earn a Massachusetts I-2 wastewater treatment license.
In addition to our dynamic work environment, OFS offers:
- Competitive hourly rate with incentives and regular increases
- Generous 20% shift differentials
- 2-hours weekly overtime built into schedule
- Medical and dental insurance after 90 days
- Matching 401(k) after 90 days
- Paid holidays, sick time, vacation and personal time
- Paid short-term and long-term disability
- Member of collective bargaining unit represented by Local 1400 of the CWA
Qualified candidates can submit a resume by clicking the button below to begin the self-identificatio process.
OFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.